- IDLE or cmd and type
py -3 or
py -3.6) or anywhere, you always have it.
- Begins with
_ for last
- Up Down for history (except in IDLE where you can move the cursor, then press
Enter to copy current line, or use shortcut
- Enter to execute (the cursor can be anywhere)
- On limac, type
python is generally
python2, can create an alias like
- Home et End are useful
<Tab> to autocomplete stuffs
Ipython is a better interactive python,
but can also be used for basic interactive python
(meaning you can start with this one, it's just that it will not always be there
because you must install it or run it online).
Embedded in scientific python environments, like Anaconda (and therefore the Spyder IDE).
Loads a little bit slower than the classic interpreter, but you rarely need two tabs opened anyway.
py -3 -m pip install ipython
- type execute > appdata > Local > Programs > Python > Python36-32 > Scripts > ipython.exe
- double click to launch, can create shortcut and attach it to windows bar
- font 16
- copy with right click only, paste with ctrl+v
limac (linux & macOS)
python3 -m pip install ipython
- Open terminal, type ipython (or ipython3)
- termux and then follow limac instructions
Out instead of
_ for last
_n for out number N (eg.
___ for over last and over over last
- Up/Down for history prev/next
a = UpDown for quick find in history (otherwise use the
%hist -g hack)